Friday, March 25, 2011

Thrift Store Score!

My appreciation of vintage and well-worn goods continues to grow as I get older (maybe because I'm becoming more and more vintage myself!). I love not only the look, but the story behind the item and the possibilities to give it a new life. Recycling, repurposing and reusing are becoming more important to me. Plus I can save a few dimes along the way. I found a bunch of milk glass bud vases for our wedding centerpieces at the Goodwill and Salvation Army stores. Since then I have also started watching the wonderful show Cash & Cari and it has gotten me into the "I can do that" mode.

Last weekend I went to the Goodwill store near my in-law's house to see what treasures I could find to repurpose and/or refinish. Check out my finds!






I got all of these things (12 items) for $22! Everything was between $1 and $3 and so many options. I will be using a lot of these things for my wall art gallery project and I will be sharing each item re-do along the way. Looks like I'll be busy! I can't wait to keep digging through thrift stores and tag sales to see what other treasures I can find.

Photos by Kyle @ 918 Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment