Friday, December 24, 2010

Wedding Favors - Giving Back

Wedding favors seem to be less and less common as budgets get tighter and hosts realize that all those little trinkets don't seem to ever get any real use. I have found that edible treats are still a fun way to thank your guests, but for our wedding we wanted to do something more personal and meaningful to us as a family. Donating to your favorite charity in your guest's honor has become more and more popular and we found it to be the best way for us to say thanks and take the opportunity to give back.

My Uncle Tom died of Cystic Fibrosis when I was 3 years old. We as a family have been involved in raising money for a cure in one way or another for my entire life. More recently, my husband and his family have taken part as well. It is an organization close to our hearts and we thought that donating to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation was the best way to thank our guests and honor my Uncle on our special day. To convey our thanks and inform our guests of the donation, I created cards that were placed at each person's seat.
































Each card informed the guest of our donation, included some background information on the disease and our reason for choosing this particular charity and thanked them for attending our wedding. I wanted to take the opportunity to continue our theme, so I printed each card on white cardstock in our chosen fonts and rounded the corners. I affixed a button in either aqua or spring green to the top of the card using a small ribbon in the alternate color.

I used the same swirl stamp that we embossed on our invitations at the bottom of each card in the same color as the ribbon.

I created half the cards using an aqua button and green ribbon/ink and half the cards using a green button and aqua ribbon/ink. We alternated the different color cards at each table setting as well.

This was the final project I created myself and thus concludes the posts on our wedding details. This is also the final post before the holidays so I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I will be away until the new year spending the holidays with family and friends so I will see you again in 2011!

Photos by Kyle @ 918 Photo

When I return: Planning a Baby Shower

No comments:

Post a Comment