Monday, January 17, 2011

Baby Shower Invitations

The first element I designed for my sister-in-law's baby shower were (of course) the invitations. It's the first thing that has to get done, so it's the first thing I designed. Everything centered around pink and chocolate brown polka-dots, so I chose all my paper products to reflect that theme. I used some of the same details as we did in our wedding invitiations and added some new elements as well. I got all of my supplies from my favorite store Paper Source.

I started with the invite wording and placement. I chose two fonts (Souvenir and Albemarle Swash) and printed the majority of the text in dark brown ink on white cardstock. I used the Souvenir font for all of the details and the Albemarle font in pink for my sister-in-law's name, the name of the event location and the R.S.V.P. I chose to center all of the text on the white card, round the corners and emboss "It's a Girl!" in pink at the top. I affixed the white card to a chocolate brown backing card and rounded those corners as well. To incorporate the polka-dots, I wanted to do something with some more dimension and pop. So I punched a variety of different sized circles out of pink and chocolate paper and affixed them in a pattern around the text of the invite. I used Zots (clear adhesive dots) to attach the circles to the invite card. Here is the finished product.

I love a good envelope liner and I found the perfect pink paper with white polka-dots. I chose chocolate envelopes which proved to be somewhat difficult when addressing them. I found a good solution to that problem although it was a bit time consuming. I ended up printing the address in black ink onto the chocolate envelope and tracing it with a white paint pen. You could faintly see the black ink on the envelope, just enough to trace, but not enough to see once I covered it.

 
 





In addition to the invite card, I wanted to include a separate piece with the registry information. I decided to print the info in chocolate ink on a pink card cut into a circle. On one side was the list of registries and the other side I embossed a cute chick stamp in chocolate. I ended up using this chick stamp as a secondary theme throughout the shower. Here is the entire invitation suite together.

 
Photos by Kyle @ 918 Photo

Next: The baby shower staple... Diaper Cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment