Monday, January 31, 2011

Felt Rosette Wreath - 1st Attempt

I am always looking for new ideas and techniques for craft projects. I love learning new things and often gravitate towards simple techniques that deliver high impact designs. I found this simple, yet somewhat time-consuming project originally on The Idea Room and then saw it again recently on Craftily-Ever-After where she used the same technique to make a rosette ball. I fell in love with the fluffy texture of the felt rosettes and had to try it myself.

My first attempt at this felt rosette wreath did not turn out so great. I went to Michaels to purchase supplies for another project and decided to see what I could get there to make these felt wreaths. I ended up only finding a small, round, green styrofoam wreath and some sheets of craft felt. I bought the felt in light pink for Valentine's Day.


Not too bad from the front, but I ended up running out of felt during the project so the sides of the wreath are not covered.


I originally traced the circles in pencil and tried to cut them exact and was left with lead marks on the ends of my felt rosettes.Which just made the wreath look dirty.


Not my greatest success, but not a complete failure. I knew I could make this technique shine with the right materials. So I went to Joann's and bought heart shaped styrofoam wreaths, round styrofoam wreaths and yards of colorful felt. I started with the heart wreaths for the upcoming holiday... here's a sneak peak.


Photos by Kyle @ 918 Photo

Stay Tuned: Fluffly Felt Wreath Success & Tutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment