Monday, January 24, 2011

Decor Details - Congrats!

We held the baby shower at a restaurant so the decor we used was minimal due to the natural restrictions of decorating an event at a venue that was serving dinner that night. So we decorated with pink and brown balloons and created some faux floral centerpieces for the tables. My Mother-in-law found some adorable pink polka-dot containers that we lined with brown tissue paper and arranged pink flowers inside.


Also for the tables, I created placecards so everyone knew where they were sitting for lunch. I bought pre-folded placecards from Paper Source in the same pink as the other paper details (invitations, favor labels, etc.). I embossed each place card with the same chick in chocolate brown that I used on the invitation registry card . Instead of printing each person's name on the card, I stenciled their name in dark brown. I ended up using colored pencils because they came out the cleanest and didn't bleed like markers. I ended up having to trim the placecards as well because they are quite large out of the package.


The final decor detail was a "Congrats" banner that we hung over the space where the Mom-to-be opened her gifts. I found a template for a circle banner from Martha Stewart during my wedding research (Martha Stewart Weddings printable banner) and had wanted to use it ever since. I thought it worked perfectly with our circle/polka-dot theme, so I printed the templates onto pink cardstock. After cutting each letter I needed to spell the message, I punched two small holes at the top of each circle. I then threaded ribbon in our theme through the holes, spacing the circles as I saw fit. I made two strands so I could hang one word above the other.

From afar...


Up close...


Photos by Kyle @ 918 Photo

Next: Shower Games

No comments:

Post a Comment